10.18.2012

Williamsburg

Just a quick update to let you know all is well. We had a very pleasant stay with our son David and his family in Shaker Heights. Saturday we all drove to colonial Williamsburg in Virginia; the kids are great travelers, partly because their mom Cicely prepares lots of things for them to do in transit. Sunday we attended the Williamsburg Ward, where to our surprise, the main speaker was Brent Peterson, a former neighbor on Falcon Park Circle, who is now a clinical psychologist.

Here in the Williamsburg area, we have toured Colonial Williamsburg, the Colonial Parkway, Shirley Plantation (a still-working farm that dates to colonial times), and part of the Jamestown exhibit. In addition my son David and sons-in-law Brandon and David got in 18 holes on a beautiful course here at the Marriott.

Overall I have felt good. The golf gave me some serious sacroiliac pain, probably due to bone weakness from the cancer, plus my having not played for over four years. But a night's sleep and some strong medicine took care of that. I continue to have chronic pain in my side, ostensibly due to the myeloma mass on my backbone, and I will begin to get that zapped starting next Monday. I'll see you after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment