5.28.2013

In The Thick of It

I am on day +8 since receiving my stem cells. The first few days were tolerable, but now I am in the thick of it. I have asked Laraine to type this for me since my energy and general well being are pretty low. They have started me on a couple different antibiotics to stop some bacterial infections that started. I am on a regular schedule of anti-nausea medications, one of which makes me quite sleepy. I am now experiencing the worst of the worst when you think of a transplant situation. My days have a sort of "zombie like" feel to them. I have lost track of which day it is. At this point I can't keep any food down, so I am on a fluid IV and also a nutrition IV. This is all quite normal and to be expected. My white blood cell count is 0.02, so I have no immune system to speak of. Hopefully within the next few days that count will make its way back up and I will start to feel better.

Thank you for all of your visits and concerns. I so appreciate all the prayers and love that have been sent my way. I will keep you posted on how the next few days go.

No comments:

Post a Comment